3/18/10

love/hate relationship with the word why

Origins

Before blogging became popular, digital communities took many forms, including Usenet, commercial online services such as GEnie, BiX and the early CompuServe, e-mail lists[63] and Bulletin Board Systems (BBS). In the 1990s, Internet forum software, created running conversations with "threads." Threads are topical connections between messages on a metaphorical "corkboard."

The modern blog evolved from the online diary, where people would keep a running account of their personal lives. Most such writers called themselves diarists, journalists, or journalers. Justin Hall, who began personal blogging in 1994 while a student at Swarthmore College, is generally recognized as one of the earliest bloggers,[64] as is Jerry Pournelle.[citation needed] Dave Winer's Scripting News is also credited with being one of the oldest and longest running weblogs.[65][66] Another early blog was Wearable Wireless Webcam, an online shared diary of a person's personal life combining text, video, and pictures transmitted live from a wearable computer and EyeTap device to a web site in 1994. This practice of semi-automated blogging with live video together with text was referred to as sousveillance, and such journals were also used as evidence in legal matters.

Early blogs were simply manually updated components of common Web sites. However, the evolution of tools to facilitate the production and maintenance of Web articles posted in reverse chronological order made the publishing process feasible to a much larger, less technical, population. Ultimately, this resulted in the distinct class of online publishing that produces blogs we recognize today. For instance, the use of some sort of browser-based software is now a typical aspect of "blogging". Blogs can be hosted by dedicated blog hosting services, or they can be run using blog software, or on regular web hosting services.

--from Wikipedia.com

Whoever invented THE blog, I salute you. You perfectly made a way for people to express themselves and discover who they really are in the process.


I'm not an articulate speaker. I sometimes cannot say how I feel and I usually find it hard to explain myself. Pairing it with a brain running faster than any hertz or horsepower combined, is a sure way to make me appear insane at times. That's why I love/hate the word why. Yea, it helps me understand but it also demands an explanation, that I can't always give.

I think that's the reason why I instantly fell in love with Post-its. It's like having portable memory/brain with you. Oh, I cannot forget to bring my variety of pens to aid me in this battle too.

Here's one of the contents of my Post-it:

  • Jerico Rosales like Mraz
  • Preschool teachers being beautiful
  • Sinigang sa Madaling-araw
  • What makes a person?
  • Personification
  • Invader Zim
(this portion are my notes during a conversation with my friends. Bulleted points can sometime include realizations. They don't mean much to you, but they mean a whole lot to me.)

  1. Puny Sunflower
(I am a storyteller and a story plot suddenly comes to mind during conversations and I must write in down on paper or it'll forever be missed by story-hungry minds)

  • drawing of a back of girl with a wing tattoo
  • drawing of a spoon.
(I do this when my mind is imsanely fast that I cannot keep up with just words. So I draw ,yes, drawing/doodling helps my memory too!)


I try to make my notes as sensible as it can be, but I realized I don't have to make sense all the time because the reality is I don't make sense at times.

Most of my notes, (even while speaking) are presented in a non-linear manner. They are, most of the time, are not in the proper sequence. Blame my brain for that.

Randomness adds a lot of flavor. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment