5/10/10

umbilically corded

-------------------------------------
I was tickled pink when a youth from church greeted me a Happy Mother's Day yesterday. I remember him telling me that I am his 'nanay' sa church sometime ago. I asked him how and why? He told me that his vivid memory of me mothering him was when I helped him fold his long sleeves one time, and he added that he wants me to do it again for him some other time. Awwww.
------------------------------
TO MOTHER
As large as the role is that our mothers play, the word mother is more powerful when used as a verb than as a noun.
To mother is to nurture, to train, to educate, to rear.
As daughters of Eve, all women are uniquely gifted to help others in their lives
become more of who they truly are --- to encourage, nurture and mother them
toward their true selves. In doing this, women partner with Christ in the vital
mission of bringing forth life.
-John and Stasi Eldredge, "Captivating"
------------------------------------

Genesis 3:20 (New International Version)

20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

Proverbs 22:6 (New International Version)

6 Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment