1/25/11

nostalgia and wanderlust

Melancholy.

Nostalgia is often triggered by something reminding the individual of an event or item from their past. The resulting emotion can vary from happiness to sorrow. The term of "feeling nostalgic" is more commonly used to describe pleasurable emotions associated with and/or a longing to go back to a particular period of time.

German Romanticism coined an opposite toHeimweh, Fernweh "far-sickness", "longing to be far away", like wanderlust expressing the Romantic desire to travel and explore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
http://www.gmanews.tv/story/211427/2-killed-17-others-hurt-in-makati-bus-explosion
This incident happened quite near my office. Around the time I'm commuting to work.
Exactly the place where I buy some food frequently.
I'm just so glad that I wasn't there but I'm also devastated to hear that many were injured and a few lost their lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment